Commercial Lithographing Company was founded in 1923 by a group of working trades people from various shops in Kansas City, who came together for the purpose of realizing the dream of being in business for themselves.
Fred Pfeiffer, the son of German immigrants, was among them. He was a very talented mechanic who had run the first offset lithographing press to come to Kansas City. Today, the third generation of Pfeiffers manage the Corporation from the Board with the guidance of Bill Pfeiffer, Sr., Chairman of the Board.
Although ComLitho was founded on a shoestring, it is now one of the most technologically sophisticated printing facilities in the world– one which contains state-of-the-art equipment, manufactured worldwide.
A limited amount of equipment in the basement of a manufacturing building in Kansas City’s Northeast has grown to include a complex of buildings that contains 150,000 square feet under one roof. The printing facility, a parking facility, storage building and vacant land for future expansion cover nearly all of two and a half city blocks.
Commercial Lithographing has always been a union print shop since that first day in 1923.